Sunday, November 11, 2007

Car used extensively at Delhi

We had a great time with family and friends at NCR (the National Capital Region -- comprising Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad) for a few days and also celebrated Diwali there. We were based at Gurgaon and the distances to New Delhi, Noida, etc. being considerable, having the car with us was a real boon. This is one of the things I really like about holidaying with my car. One doesn't have to worry about getting a cab back after a late night with friends.

The (big) city driving experience with my Swift VDi was excellent. Driving in Jamshedpur and Delhi are obviously quite different. Having spent eight years in Delhi earlier I am quite familiar with the challenges Delhi traffic places on a private car driver. I found the diesel Swift adequately agile, both in respect of power and manoeuverability, to meet the challenges of driving in Delhi / Gurgaon / Noida. At no time did I feel handicapped by the low speed 'sluggishness' which older generation diesel engines were notorious for. The Swift also has a very low turning radius and a good power steering which are very useful under city driving conditions.

No comments: